Monday, July 14, 2008

Pretty Little Devils: Nancy Holder!

Okay, okay. We all know I'm a littttleee late on this book. I started reading this book around last year when one of my friends lent me it. She needed it back, so I only got around to what, like page 22? So yes. I finally read it! I held it at the library, and checking my email like obsessively for the next few days.
And then suddenly, the beautiful words: "Your hold is now ready" CAME UP! I literally jumped for joy. Oh, joy joy joy. (:

Mkay to the review: Hazel Stone (great name by the way) has started her junior year at her high school. Her only friend, Joy, had moved on to a new school, thus leaving Hazel with some friends she you know, didn't really want to be friends with. What she wanted was to be accepted in the Pretty Little Devils, a group of friends at her high school.
Suddenly, Sylvia Orly, the head of PLD invites Hazel Stone to a party! Then it all comes down to Sylvia and the rest of her friends, inviting her into PLD. Yes, I know. So cool!
The group thrives themselves on scary horror movies, babysitting parties, and pranks. A lot of them. Then Hazel suddenly gets caught up with Matty - a total hunk she had her eye on and who didn't really seem to acknowledge her.
But then all the members of the PLD start getting scary text messages and phone calls during their babysitting jobs. PLD: more scarier than you thought.

ME: So I thought this book was super cool! I loved how some of it was told through PLD chat rooms, then to a blog of the anonymous killer (wow, did I mention that?), and then your chapters. It's a GOOD read! If you loved Project 17 - YOU WILL LOVE THIS. With its twists and turns, it kept me reading. Gosh, my mother bothers me so much DURING GOOD BOOKS! During boring books, which I haven't really seen much of, it's like "Oh, Anum's reading...better leave her alone..." SO yes. READ children! It's really like really good. *jumps up and down*

No comments: